The concept is simple, for one week switch to PPC and do all of your computing on it.
Of course your job may require Intel etc so do as much as you can when you can. The challenge is to stick with PPC, don’t run right back to your Intel when a website doesn’t load as fast as you’d want it to or software takes a minute to load.
- Use PPC instead of Intel as much as you can for your day-to-day computing.
- Try not to replace your Intel with your iPhone or iPad, use those as you always do.
- Optional; send us a little paragraph of your experience every day and we’ll publish a daily summary of participant tips and tricks etc. to make the PPC Challenge easier for those attempting it next. If you do log your experiences we ask that you send us your PPC specs as well along with a little background of which tasks you typically do on Intel etc. If video is your thing, just shoot us a link to your video on YouTube and we’ll embed that.
How challenging this challenge is going to be is of course up to you. Those that love a good challenge will not touch an Intel all week, do whatever it takes to get the job done on a PPC. Just do what you can and make sure to have fun 🙂
Start date: January 17th (starting first thing in the morning)
End date: January 24th (we’ll cover experiences during that night’s stream)
A few tips before you take on this challenge:
- Get your email set up in advance, some are easy to configure, some take some tweaking.
- Install and test the software you’ll be using in advance. It would suck to find out your texteditor is not working on the day the challenge starts.
- Depending on how often you use your PPC, you may want to give it a health checkup to make sure it’s up for daily use.
The PPC Challenge is done but this by no means has to stop you from doing it! Start the challenge any time and keep a log of your week, then share that with us so we can put it on the blog 🙂 here are the reports from the 2019 Challenge participants: