Looking for a past topic or guest? You’ve come to the right place.
You can search and sort the below table to find what you’re looking for.
|99||December 3, 2020||- Best educational Mac games|
- Why do we enjoy these older Macs even though they cannot do the things we need to do today? What is your favorite era of Mac to use?
- Any news or updates about the M1 chip? Upcoming M1X?
- Our favorite mice and why
- Apple Adds First iMac Models With Retina 5K Display to Vintage Products List
- A year since 32-bit apps were axed, how have we coped?
|- Kate the Macintosh Librarian||YouTube|
|98||November 19, 2020||- Target Disk Mode is officially dead|
- Big Sur requires 35GB of storage to install and some are complaining
- Our favorite repair tools (hardware)
- Updates on Apple’s M1 chip performance
- The new M1 Macs feature 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6. What is it? How much better is it?
|97||November 12, 2020||- Putting boards in dishwashers, yes or no?|
- Recap of the Apple Event introducing the first ARM M1 Macs
- macOS Big Sur is here!
- Macs in the workplace and school revisited, our histories
- Madeleine shows off some of her collection
|- Madeleine McAndrews||YouTube|
|96||November 5, 2020||- The Mac Yak Channel is monetized!|
- iPhone photography and videography tips
- Your worst ever repair
- Apple event predictions
|95||October 29, 2020||- Favorite and least favorite Mac startup chime|
- Experiences with Linux on Mac
- Emulation and virtualization on Mac
- Dumpster diving stories
- iPhone 12 and it's unrepairable camera
|94||October 22, 2020||- We hit a 1000 subs! |
- Mac Yak 1000 sub giveaway
- Evolution of our GPU use, always use stock or upgrade as far as we could?
- Discussing retriobrite
- Warranties and insurance plans for our devices, yes or no?
- The most unusual standalone adapter or longest string of adapters we've used
- Steve's Archive Adventures covers the Sertech Serial Interface Card for Apple II
|93||October 15, 2020||None||YouTube|
|92||October 8, 2020||None||YouTube|
|91||October 1, 2020||- Discussing the ModBook|
- iOS 14 and watchOS 7, thoughts so far
- Some of the wildest and most interesting mods we've done so far
|90||September 24, 2020||Q&A Episode||None||YouTube|
|89||September 17, 2020||- Mike's Mac Shack has 300 subs!|
- Some ranting about why everything asks for a rating these days
- NVIDIA owns ARM now
- Discussing Apple's latest event
- Why you should NOT upgrade to the newest OS right away
- Steve's Archive Adventures covers the work in progress Apple Pricing Guide
|88||September 10, 2020||None||YouTube|
|87||September 3, 2020||- Time to update that SSD soon? Prices are dipping.|
- Apple VS Fortnite, Apple wins
- Remembering Apple's Ping social network
- Does anyone still use optical media for day to day stuff?
- Thoughts on blue light filters for our screens
- 7th gen iPod nano Vintage soon, the last of the multimedia only devices
- The ONE Mac you can keep
- Which spare parts do you keep on hand?
- Clockology, having some fun with the Apple watch
- Is Apple still the number one choice for the design industry?
- Steve's Archive Adventures covers the Power Computing Promotional CD-ROM
|86||August 27, 2020||- Installing mac OS versions on your Mac that are OLDER than what they shipped with|
- Archiving disks, documents, photos etc. and best practices.
|85||August 20, 2020||- AppleCare+ signup is one year again instead of 60 days|
- Discussing the upcoming September 10th Apple Event
- Epic Games VS Apple Inc, Fortnite sparring match
- Sharing some of the useful utilities we use on our Macs
- Backing up your digital life
|84||August 13, 2020||- On organizing our digital files|
- The most difficult repair or refurbish we've ever done
- Why do we love saving and repairing old Macs so much?
- iFixit's teardown of the new iMac
|83||August 6, 2020||- We are forced to cover battery backups again|
- Social media alternatives
- Our favorite youtube channels
- Bruce and Steve were featured on a Krazy Ken episode
- COVID-19 exposure tracking and how likely we are to use it
- The Outback Wayback Machine talks about the latest vintage Mac haul
|82||July 30, 2020||- Best uses for vintage Macs in 2020|
- What happened to the old electronic retailers?
- Upgrading your vintage Mac, worth it?
- Everyone shows off their vintage collections
|- Sean from Action Retro||YouTube|
|81||July 23, 2020||- How did you like the freestyle Mac Yak episode from last week?|
- Steve is on a mission for his Clone video
- Least favorite Mac you've owned
- Favorite Mac related project
- Outback Wayback Machine - Power Mac G5
|80||July 16, 2020||- Freestyle Mac Yak where we just talk about whatever comes to mind.|
- ARM processors
|79||July 9, 2020||- Storage options for the new Mac Pro|
- Best bang for your buck, upgrades on a budget
- Which Mac related tasks can you do when on auto pilot
- No more earpods with the next iPhone?
- Holy grail items we're still looking for
|78||July 2, 2020||- ARM Mac mini benchmarks|
- Apple offers new Radeon Pro W5500X GPU for Mac Pro
- Big Sur, impressions so far
- New i9 iMacs coming?
- Bruce played with Lisa OS
|77||June 22, 2020||- WWDC 2020 discussion||None||YouTube|
|76||June 18, 2020||- Apple introduces Mac Pro SSD upgrade kits|
- Updates from an AMD insider
- What do we expect to see at WWDC 2020?
- Ultrasonic cleaners. The how, what and why
|75||June 11, 2020||- Revisiting OpenCore|
- We discuss the meaning of Vintage again
- iOS 13 issues
- Will Apple switch to ARM?
- Steve smokes RIFA cap smoke
|74||June 4, 2020||- Mac Yak OpenCore article update|
- Apple repair and exchange programs
- Do's and Dont's when cleaning your Mac
- Anker debuts an expensive cable
|73||May 28, 2020||- Automator, who uses it and what for?|
- Blame game, Apple's fault or User's fault?
- Email clients or webmail?
- Liability and responsibility when offering repair services
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Apple Glass
- Steve raids a recycler
|72||May 21, 2020||- Dana Evans joins the Mac Yak Crew!|
- An iPhone with no ports?
- Rocky faceplants, could NOT unlock Greg's phone
- Snow Leopard on PPC, how do we feel about it?
- USB 4.0 new standard confirmed, are we looking forward to it?
- IDE to SSD, options and performance
|71||May 14, 2010||- Office for iPad gets split view|
- Inventory, the how and why
- Should Apple leave China?
- EEP if you have....
- Major Thunderbolt security flaw
- Content creators that do no research
|70||May 7, 2020||- No more butterfly keyboard but the cameras in Apple products still suck|
- Mac Yak giveaway quick update and Rocky sweetens the pot
- More rants about the T2 chip and Rocky states he can unlock an iCloud locked iPhone
- Apple's HomeKit, who uses it
- Transferring files between old and new Macs, some tips
- Group forum etiquette
- What were they smoking, a million dollar iPhone
|69||April 30, 2020||- How do we remotely help friends and family|
- MacBook Pro having issues with multiple USB-C connections
- Mac maintenance, tips for extending the life of your Mac
- Nightmare buyers and sellers
- Mac Yak giveaway!
- Things to check when buying a used Mac
|68||April 23, 2020||- mac-yak.com now has a searchable index of all episodes|
- Join the Mac Yak folding@home team
- Graphics cards for the Classic Mac Pro
- The Mac App Store and the sites it's replaced
- What device are you most productive on?
- Does Apple still have an edge?
- Youtubing with a Mac, some tips and tricks
|67||April 16, 2020||- Folding@Home|
- iOS 14 Home Screen Widgets
- Trackpad Support for iOS
|66||April 2, 2020||- Social distancing things to do|
- Stuffit EOL
|65||March 26, 2020||- Quarantine things to do|
- Worst apple products you've owned
- What do you still need a PC for
- Working from home tips
|64||March 19, 2020||- How to long term store hardware|
- Non-Apple hardware to compliment your setup
- Quarantine things to do
|63||March 12, 2020||- Free and open source software alternatives|
- The ONE macOS or iOS app you can not live without
- Corona virus scares
- Old Macs original or upgrade
|62||March 5, 2020||- Macs with ARM chips coming?|
- When is repairing worth it and when should you move on
- Uninstalling software
- Deleting data, refresher course
|61||February 27, 2020||- Hrutkay Mods Live Q&A||None||YouTube|
|60||February 20, 2020||- Apple and foxconn|
- Are PPC Macs still useful today
- Apple's next iPhone or Watch
- Most reliable and stable Apple products ever
- Favorite Apple keyboards
|59||February 13, 2020||?||None||YouTube|
|58||February 6, 2020||- Cool hardware and software hacks|
- Was Steve Jobs overrated
- Creative things to do with dead Macs
- What are our youtube channels and blogs about
|57||January 30, 2020||- Favorite Apple advertisements|
- 2015 MacBook Pro debate
- Was 2019 Apple's best year product wise
- Love / Hate relationship with Apple
|Scott Schroeder (Techno Eclipse)||YouTube|
|56||January 23, 2020||- PPC Challenge ending|
- PPC Challenge extended
- With Macs supporting more RAM, will code optimization suffer
- Today's Macs tomorrow's collectables
- Minimalist progress bars are not user friendly
|55||January 16, 2020||- Protecting yourself from seller scams|
- Why blur out serial numbers and IMEI numbers
- PPC challenge starts
- How can Apple become innovative again
- Recapping, the why and how
- OSX has been around for almost 20 years
|Charlie Baldinger (Mastergeko4)||YouTube|
|54||January 9, 2020||- Bruce joins the crew|
- Times we failed doing upgrades
- About the 2019 Mac Pro
- Planning the 2020 PPC challenge
- Apple product boxes, do we care
- 2020 and the right to repair
- Apple better without Jony Ive
|53||January 2, 2020||- About the new 2019 Mac Pro|
- Display port vs Thunderbolt
- The cheapest possible way to upgrade wifi and bluetooth in your Mac Pro
|Bruce Rayne (Branchus Creations)||YouTube|
|52||December 19, 2019||- Parts and where to get them|
- About the 2019 Mac Pro
- Apple's biggest failures
- How to spot fakes on sales sites
- Grooty has gone iPod crazy
|Bruce Rayne (Branchus Creations)||YouTube|
|51||December 12, 2019||- About the 2019 Mac Pro|
- How much is a vintage Mac worth?
- Capacitor plague info
- Essential tools for fixing and refurbishing vintage Macs
|Bruce Rayne (Branchus Creations)||YouTube|
|50||December 5, 2019||- YouTube is changing it's TOS|
- Apple and Nvidia are over
- No more Pages, Keynote and Numbers updates for High Sierra
- Grooty found a clamshell iBook G3 prototype
- Steve spilled water over his 2015 MacBook Pro
- iPhone 11 checks location when it shouldn't
|49||November 21, 2019||- One year anniversary episode|
- Mac Yak in the last year
- Mac Yak has a Twitter account now
- Almost 400 subs
- Guest highlights
|- Christian Bergman of MacintoshGarden
- Krazy Ken and Brent of Computer Clan
- Michael Manna of Stevie Richards Fitness
|48||November 14, 2019||- Apple's new 16" MacBook Pro|
- Apple's new Mac Pro is coming in December
- What was your most problematic Mac?
- What piece of software do you wish was still around?
|47||November 7, 2019||Steve (Mac84) takes over!||None||YouTube|
|46||October 24, 2019||- Insurance, do you insure your gear|
- Upgrading older Macs
- Apple lets signing certificates expire and installers break
|45||October 17, 2019||Hrutkay Mods Live Q&A||None||YouTube|
|44||October 10, 2019||- Thermal paste debate|
- Final thoughts on Catalina
- WiFi vs Ethernet
- Why apple restricts newer OS software from running on older hardware.
|43||October 3, 2019||- Catalina drops tomorrow to the public|
- 32 bit apps going away with Catalina.
- Power consumption tracking.
- Apple repair programs.
|42||September 26, 2019||- Jay named his computers|
- Did anyone test their UPS in the last week?
- What are our favorite HDD/SSD brands?
- Software piracy
- Finding the right upgrades for your Mac
- iOS 13 rolled out last week. First impressions from the Mac Yak crew.
- Rare Obscure Tech with Dan and Grooty
|- Christian from Macintoshgarden|
- Dan Bashur from Low End Mac
|41||September 19, 2019||- Do you name your computers?|
- Test your UPS battery backup
- What is the farthest you have traveled to pick up a Mac
- Mac Myth Busters debunking some common Mac myths
- Printer update from Rocky
|40||September 12, 2019||- Apple Keynote review by the Mac Yak Crew|
- Downgrading a T2 equipped Mac can brick it
- iPod Collecting