On Saturday, June 18th at 9PM EST, join us as we hang out while we clean, repaste and/or repair our Mac Pros.
We can have 10 participants on our streaming software so you can join us! We can’t promise how many spots will be available but if you’d like to join us, here’s what you need:
- A headset (no open mic that can cause echo and feedback)
- A Mac Pro to work on
If you have a cMP (Mac Pro 1,1-5,1) and want to join us, send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mention in the email:
- Which Mac you’ll be working on
- What you plan to do
- (if you have a trashcan Mac Pro (6,1) or 2019 Mac Pro (7,1) we *might* let you in too)
Clean, repaste, repair, upgrade, install OpenCore… sky is the limit. This is all about showing your cMP some love!
To ensure you’re ready to take this on, we recommend you have available the following tools and parts:
- Basic screwdriver set
- 3mm Hex Key driver (at least 13cm long)
- Pliers (long nose/needle nose preferred)
- Thermal paste
- Replacement northbridge rivets
- Compressed air
- Q-tips/paper towels
A few links are provided to help. The above list of tools/parts should let you do pretty much any cleaning/maintenance task you’re setting out to do.
the stream can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_KFDPH7WsI